Awesome finds in broken books...


I really hit the jackpot yesterday with the torn up old books I found! One of them is just too precious to deconstruct, even though it is a mess. It is the Junior Instructor, from 1918, a homeschool book. Hilarious. The others have spurred a new batch of birdies in my etsy store. One is a book filled with Kanji, (if you know which language, PLEASE let me know!) one is a text on learning shorthand and this one is from a book about musical composition.

Off to do some more ink work and painting!

6 comments:

  1. Ooh, a book from 1918! That year fascinates me. Are there any notes written in it, or were they very respectful book owners?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a home schooling book for children around 3rd or 4th grade, I think. So there is quite a bit of writing inside. That makes it better for me, though. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. How interesting, I have a love for old books, especially from the victorian era. Love this art by the way Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it is Korean the letters in the pic look very similar to this Korean alphabet chart.
    http://www.seattleartmuseum.org/Exhibit/Archive/GrandfathersHouse/lessons/images/alphabet.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah-I do too, in fact I love LOTS of things from that era! Thanks again, more birdies on the way... :D

    Holly- Thanks! It DOES look like Korean characters. I really appreciate the input.

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. i am totally vintage inspired and i think your blog is awesome! also love etsy! very cool

    ReplyDelete